Ever wondered how to baste a quilt? Well, as I've said before, there is never only one way to do things - here's what works for me!
1. Iron quilt backing and quilt top (Do not iron Minky fabrics!)
2. Clear and clean a workspace like the floor or a large dining room table
3. Place your quilt backing "right" side down. The "right" side will be the side showing when your quilt is finished.
4. Pull the fabric taut - without stretching - and tape corners and along edges
5. Lay out quilt batting.
6. Baste - Spray a 6" - 10" strip (start small), and lay batting on top. Press layers together from the center out. Spray basting has the stickiness of a post-it note, so it can be readjusted.
7. Repeat for the entire length of the quilt.
8. Repeat steps 5, 6, and 7 for quilt top.